How to Handle the Growth in Parcel Delivery
The boom in e-commerce has seen a massive growth in parcel delivery and this activity is estimated to increase by 12.2% CAGR (1) in 2017, compared to 2011. If your organization is facing an increase in its shipping operations, these guidelines should be taken into consideration:
- Evaluate Dimensional Weight (DIM) – DIM involves factoring the box size into pricing. Essentially the bigger the box, the higher the cost.
- Audit your invoices to see the impact.
- Educate others in your organization about DIM & set up “business rules”.
- Use the right packaging.
- Validate your shipping addresses.
- Evaluate the impact of returns.
- Shop around carriers and within your current carriers for options.
- Implement technology, packaging and hardware tools to manage the changes.
Check out our infographic to find out about U.S. Parcel Volumes - in millions2
1Compound Annual Growth Rate
2Transport Intelligent Data Report -2014
Six Reasons to go Digital with E-signatures
For many businesses, digital processes end at the point where documents require signatures. Enabling customers and suppliers to sign documents digitally cuts costs and speeds up processes, freeing up staff to get on with the job of generating revenue and growing the business.