How to Handle the Growth in Parcel Delivery
The boom in e-commerce has seen a massive growth in parcel delivery and this activity is estimated to increase by 12.2% CAGR (1) in 2017, compared to 2011. If your organization is facing an increase in its shipping operations, these guidelines should be taken into consideration:
- Evaluate Dimensional Weight (DIM) – DIM involves factoring the box size into pricing. Essentially the bigger the box, the higher the cost.
- Audit your invoices to see the impact.
- Educate others in your organization about DIM & set up “business rules”.
- Use the right packaging.
- Validate your shipping addresses.
- Evaluate the impact of returns.
- Shop around carriers and within your current carriers for options.
- Implement technology, packaging and hardware tools to manage the changes.
Check out our infographic to find out about U.S. Parcel Volumes - in millions2
1Compound Annual Growth Rate
2Transport Intelligent Data Report -2014
Relieving the Headache of Outgoing Mail Management
Despite routinely outsourcing many non-core business activities, small businesses tend to manage their outgoing mail themselves. As businesses grow, the demands on communications increase with regular and ad-hoc mailings ranging from estimates and invoices to reminders and marketing materials; not to mention...