CRM: Key Facts and Figures
According to 18 CRM Statistics You Need to Know for 2016, by Mark Taylor from SuperOffice(1): “The CRM industry sector is growing at a staggering rate and in 2015, we saw increased use of CRM software on mobile devices. This was aided by businesses increasingly adopting cloud-based CRM solutions, allowing their employees to access software anywhere they go on the smart device of their choice.” Mark’s article provides the following statistics:
CRM Growth Not Slowing Down
- A forecast from Gartner anticipates that the customer relationship management market will be worth $27.5 billion worldwide in 2015. Rising to $37 billion by just 2017.
- We can see that CRM software leads this technology investment, with 49% of businesses planning to increase spending.
Access to CRM via Multiple Devices
- 48% of CRM users now access their software from a smartphone, with 45% accessing from a tablet.
- Although this figure is still lower than that from a laptop or desktop, this rising use from mobiles and tablets means that 81% of users are now accessing their CRM software from multiple devices.
Increase in Cloud-Based Solutions
- It’s this increasing need to access software from multiple devices and locations that has led to the rise of using cloud-based CRM solutions.
- We can see that 6 years ago only 12% of businesses used cloud-based CRM – This figure has now increased to 87%!
2016: The Year of the Customer
- All of these statistics and research point towards 2016 being the year of the customer.
- We live in a world where 80% of consumers will research your product online before making a purchase, 87% will use their mobile device to shop and will use several channels to interact with your brand.
- In order to engage potential customers across multiple devices in multiple channels, you need data. And with CRM software, you are able to create a 360 degree overview of each person you connect with.
The Rise of Mobile CRM
- Mobile CRM access does not just increase use of the software, but also the productivity of the workforce. Statistics have shown a rise in productivity of around 15%.
- And it doesn’t stop there. Users of mobile CRM are achieving better results!
- Research by Innoppl Technologies showed that 65% of sales reps who have adopted mobile CRM have achieved their sales quotas. While only 22% of reps using non-mobile CRM have reached the same targets.
118 CRM Statistics You Need to Know for 2016, Mark Taylor: http://www.superoffice.com/blog/crm-software-statistics/
When Digital Invoicing Legislation Becomes a Source of Competitive Advantage
The popularity of electronic invoicing (e-invoicing) has increased massively over the past few years, with governments across the globe introducing new initiatives that enable businesses to take full advantage of this digital format. In fact, in some countries – including Brazil and Mexico – public sector...
Still Handling Paper Receipts? Go Digital to Save Time and Cost
The problem with receipts extends beyond paper clutter and potentially lost records. Small businesses that find a better, more up-to-date way of managing expense receipts stand to save time and money. When receipts are saved digitally and stored in a searchable format, it’s easy to find and sort information...