8 Reasons Why You Should Streamline Your Shipping Process
Consumer expectations today are shifting to instant satisfaction. People want to know if the item they want is available, where it’s coming from and how quickly they can get it. This puts a lot of pressure on retailers, distribution centers, third party logistics (3PL) providers and carriers as they all work together to achieve the same goal – getting orders out to customers as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Cost-effective shipping is a challenge as each shipment can potentially involve multiple carriers with numerous levels of services and constantly changing rates. Intricate business rules and shipping restrictions for parcels that differ in size and weight, include anything fragile, hazardous or perishable, or are shipped outside of the country further complicate the process.
A consolidated shipping process will enable you to:
- Produce carrier-certified shipping labels, manifests and other required documents
- Deliver more orders faster by shipping from any inventory source
- Increase operational efficiencies for mid to high shipping volumes
- Integrate all systems and technologies to leverage a cost-effective, interconnected supply chain
- Raise visibility for live package status, delivery updates and shipment history for internal and customer use
- Exceed customer expectations for shipment delivery
- Streamline returns and reverse logistics process
Adopting the right shipping strategy can give companies a competitive advantage, while providing an outstanding customer experience. And if handled the right way, a company’s shipping function can be transformed from a cost center into a profit center.