How to Handle the Growth in Parcel Delivery
The boom in e-commerce has seen a massive growth in parcel delivery and this activity is estimated to increase by 12.2% CAGR (1) in 2017, compared to 2011. If your organization is facing an increase in its shipping operations, these guidelines should be taken into consideration:
- Evaluate Dimensional Weight (DIM) – DIM involves factoring the box size into pricing. Essentially the bigger the box, the higher the cost.
- Audit your invoices to see the impact.
- Educate others in your organization about DIM & set up “business rules”.
- Use the right packaging.
- Validate your shipping addresses.
- Evaluate the impact of returns.
- Shop around carriers and within your current carriers for options.
- Implement technology, packaging and hardware tools to manage the changes.
Check out our infographic to find out about U.S. Parcel Volumes - in millions2
1Compound Annual Growth Rate
2Transport Intelligent Data Report -2014
6 Ways to Ensure the Right Documents go to the Right Customer
There are six key phases involved in putting a document integrity system into place for a folding and inserting machine. This process ensures that a document cannot leave a section of the folder inserter until it has been correctly processed (e.g. an insert added). This is an example of...