How to Handle the Growth in Parcel Delivery
The boom in e-commerce has seen a massive growth in parcel delivery and this activity is estimated to increase by 12.2% CAGR (1) in 2017, compared to 2011. If your organization is facing an increase in its shipping operations, these guidelines should be taken into consideration:
- Evaluate Dimensional Weight (DIM) – DIM involves factoring the box size into pricing. Essentially the bigger the box, the higher the cost.
- Audit your invoices to see the impact.
- Educate others in your organization about DIM & set up “business rules”.
- Use the right packaging.
- Validate your shipping addresses.
- Evaluate the impact of returns.
- Shop around carriers and within your current carriers for options.
- Implement technology, packaging and hardware tools to manage the changes.
Check out our infographic to find out about U.S. Parcel Volumes - in millions2
1Compound Annual Growth Rate
2Transport Intelligent Data Report -2014
Infographic: Why Make the Switch From Spreadsheets to SaaS?
Many businesses start out with basic, manual ways of working in order to get the job done. These companies then get stuck in their ways, continuing to rely on the tools and processes that have seemingly served them sufficiently. Yet, they don’t realise how this reluctance to change is negatively impacting...
Digitization is Not Just About Building an App
This article by Craig Terblanche, OutSystems South Africa Regional Director, published by BizNis Africa explains that: "the advent of mobile platforms has enabled businesses to interact with consumers, using data and information as assets. Increasingly, companies seem to...